Today, I’m going to show you one way to bring people to your blog by engaging with people on their blogs a.k.a. blog hopping. I am also going to give you the reasons that you should be doing it, especially if you are new to internet marketing.
Here are the basics of blog hopping.
1. Visit a blog that talks about the same niche that you are a part of like internet marketing, sewing, weight loss, etc.
2. Read a post that has a topic which is interesting to you.
3. Leave a comment which can add value to the conversation.
4. Share the post on whichever social media sites you’ve joined such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
That’s it in a nut shell.
Now, let’s go over why you should be doing this. We all want to get people to come to our blogs, read and comment on our content, and share it, right? By following the 4 steps above, it will happen.
1. You want to make sure you are visiting blogs in your niche because their followers are going to be interested in the same things you are. You wouldn’t go to a sewing blog if your interest is ways to swing a golf club, would you? Of course not.
2. Now that you have found the right blog, you want to read a post which interests you so that you will be able to get involved in the conversation by leaving a comment that adds value.
3. What I mean by adding value is if you have some information related to the topic which wasn’t mentioned in the original post, go ahead and put that in the comment. You don’t want to just tell the writer that it was a great post and leave it at that. By bringing up points that weren’t covered, you just added value to the conversation. The author and other readers will see this and begin to think of you as an authority on that topic. If it’s really good, they will check out your blog and see what else you have to offer.
4. Now that you have done the first three steps, all that’s left is to share the post. Here’s why this is important. They will be grateful that you took the time to read, comment and share their work and could return the favor. They will read your comment on one of their posts, hopefully reply to it and if they like what you have to say, they may visit your blog. If they do and they enjoy your content, they will comment, then maybe share the post with their followers in all the different social media sites to really get the ball rolling. Their followers, in turn, may visit your site. All it takes is one influential blogger with thousands of followers to get you plenty of visitors.
Now, remember to try and reply to everyone who leaves a comment on a post you have written. If you can, go visit their blogs and start the process all over again.
If you have great content and engage with the readers on your blog and other people’s blogs, they will get to Know, Like and Trust you. They will continue to visit your blog. They could join your mailing list and may purchase something from you based on your word.
That’s how many bloggers have become successful online. They followed the steps above over and over and they watched their visitors grow to 5- or 6-digits, which grew their mailing lists and filled their pockets.
I hope this gives you a better understanding of the concept of blog hopping.
Feel free to share this post and leave a comment below.
Hope to see you soon………Chris